9.03.2013

Bike Ride and Homemade Pizza

A few Wednesdays ago, I made my way to this mysterious young lady's place for a date.  On the agenda was a bike ride and some delicious homemade pizza.  She's told me several times that she's not much of a cook, but does enjoy baking.  Which works out well, because I really enjoy cooking.  We met at her place and grabbed the bikes, making our way towards downtown Calgary.  Along the way we stopped at Prince's Island Park, Calgary's Peace Bridge, a few photo ops, a waiting pool, as well as some sculptures and graffiti.  
After the bike ride, we made our way back to her place for some delicious pizza.  It was phenomenal, to say the least.  2 of them were made with red sauce and one was a pesto pizza, which was rich, but delicious.  Anyway, here are a few of the photos from our 'date.'  On a quick side note, I caught some grief for using brackets ( ) for my captions, but I think it looks sharp...



(The adventure begins)


(This was a mistake photo, but I really liked the way it turned out, kind of artsy)


(And the jump shots begin)


(She really liked this one because of the way her arm looked.  Click on the picture and you'll be able to see it a little better.)


(Her waiting as I was snapping pictures.  You can also see the part of the Peace Bridge in the background.)


(Better shot of the Peace Bridge - it is kind of a cool bridge)


(Waiting Pool - it was her first time taking pictures so she wasn't sure if the camera was working or not...  it was.)



(Jump shot - check out the water trails...)


(Wind or weather vane)


(She was so proud that the bike was able to stand by itself!)


(Start of the graffiti)


(A different little section of graffiti)


(I really don't know if this is considered graffiti or wall art)


(Sweet sculpture of a 'paper airplane' and hand)


(A nice view of the Calgary skyline)


 
(Fresh ingredients for the pizza)


(Pizza tossing - not sure I've ever seen a woman toss a pizza so that was kind of sexy...)


(The first pizza was ready to go in the over)


(And this is the deliciousness that came out!  Pow!)


(This was the pesto pizza with prosciutto, red peppers, feta if I remember correctly, arugula, and some other goodies.  It was quite tasty and I gorged myself on pizza.  There was even enough for leftovers - sweet!)

No comments: