1.17.2011

Beomgym, Songtan, and Chagall

This weekend was not very eventful but I did do a lot. On Friday night I headed out to Beomgye to hang out the Spenser and Chelsea. Katrina decided to meet me here and then head over for a change of pace. It was a fun night. We had a few drinks and then went to a dance club - not really my scene but everybody else really wanted to go. I met a guy at the bar who told me about ice hockey and where to see a game.

Saturday was relaxing and cold. We went to Songtan, close to the Air Force Base in Osan. There were a lot of restaurants I saw while I was there and wanted to get some good food. Also, there were a bunch of shops. However, my plans were foiled due to the extremely (and when I saw extremely, I mean extremely) cold weather. So, we went into a few shops to warm up and found a nice little coffee shop. Then, we walked around before we realized it was just too cold and caught a taxi back to the station and went home.

On Sunday Katrina and I went to see the Chagall exhibit. I'm not a big art guy but it was quite intriguing to say the least. I did enjoy the art but it was very crowded. Nevertheless, we had a great time before heading back to Itaewon. I saw a post about another foreign food market (http://koreabridge.net/post/review-high-street-market-itaewon-chrisinsouthkorea) and while we were in Seoul, I wanted to see what they had. It's called 'High Street Market.' It was alright and we picked up a few things (vegetarian chili, regular chili, lemon juice, instant oatmeal, lunch meat, yes, lunch meat in Korea, corned beef to be exact, and the most delicious focaccia bread!). Katrina got some falafel, her favorite, on the way out of town and I got some Taco Bell. The sour cream was amazing, in fact, I think it made the meal. We came home, relaxed, and finally were able to make some delicious hummus. Do not, whatever you do, use yogurt as a substitute for tahini. Instead, get some sesame seeds, fry them a bit, and throw them in with some oil. By far, our best batch yet! That was the weekend.



(Coffee shop in Songtan - notice the pink cup, for Katrina, and the blue for me)


(Sign as you walk up to the Art Museum)


(Seoul Museum of Art sign)


(Katrina in front of the Chagall poster hanging in the lobby)


(Entrance to the museum)

1 comment:

Lalique said...

visiting from Turkey
Hugs friend