9.16.2007

The Weather

Not a very exciting to start off with after a brief delay but I was asked by my grandma what the weather here is like. So, the weather is similar to that in Pennsylvania due to the fact that there are four seasons. However, I would have to say that it is more humid here than in Hershey (I know many of you would disagree with me on that one). However, it may be because I am now wearing a long sleeved shirt and tie to work which adds to the perspiration. Nevertheless, after about two minutes, I am sweating all over (nothing like in Washington). It is still pretty humid and warm here but co-workers have said that we are on the shift to fall which should be a nice relief. After the fall comes winter at which time you can still hang your clothes on the line, or so my roommates say. I guess it dips into the 30's some nights but for the most part stays in the 40's. Getting used to Celsius has been a challenge but I can tell if its hot or cold. Snow can happen but is a rarity. The rain constantly comes and goes. One day, I think it rained three separate times. So, I have learned to carry an umbrella with me at all times. That is pretty much the weather here. Hope everyone is doing well and is happy doing whatever it is they are doing.

No comments: