9.16.2007

What's New

At the moment, not a whole lot. For that reason, the blogs are probably going to start slowing down from here on out. Maybe once or twice a week so, my apologies to those of you who check it on a regular basis. I have two days of work under my belt with only a few minor problems. The biggest challenge for me so far is tailoring the lesson to the level of the student or students. Sometimes, I think they can do more than they are actually capable of and vice versa. I think I have a review in a week or so but otherwise, that is my job. I usually teach 7 lessons and then do a voice class. A voice class consists of a topic for discussion and is in a more relaxed atmosphere. There is no formal lesson plan and it is a chance for the students to talk. A lot of the students I have had thus far in lesson are extremely friendly, especially the older ones. There are two housewives that come in a couple times a week and they are just a joy. They laugh and have a lot of fun. Tonight I have two parties to attend, one for new employees at the workplace and one for new employees in my building. After the last day of training, the Block Trainer (a supervisor who is responsible for overseeing a few schools), had a few back ally beers with the rest of the employees, no problem. Caught me off guard because in the states, such a thing would be forbidden - in Japan, no big deal. I am working on my Japanese as well which is going to be another challenge for me. Last night I realized I have so far to go yet and it was a bit intimidating. But, there are lots of people who are willing to help me and my roomie just gave me a book to aid in my development. I lost a few pounds while I was over here already because a pair or shorts which used to be tight now fit with ease. I really should start working out, at least running and doing some sit-ups and push-ups but I have yet to push myself. Maybe some time this week. Hope everyone is just as happy as can be!

No comments: