3.02.2011

3 Down 1 To Go (plus another year)

The Winter Semester officially ended on Monday. Tuesday, March 1st we had off for Korean Independence Day. March 1st 1919 was the first time Koreans stood up to the Japanese in an attempt to reclaim their country. So, on Tuesday, Spenser, Erik, and I went to a sweet art exhibit (I'll throw pictures up later) and then to Yaletown for a burger. Only Yaletown wasn't open so we went to Outback, which had a 50 minute wait so we dined at the always classy Burger King.

The kids last semester were great and I put up a few pictures so you can get an idea of the kids I am teaching as well as the class size. I just had my first classes of the new term yesterday and it seems as though it is going to be a good Monday, Wednesday, Friday group. Today, I have 3 of the same classes - JA, our highest middle level. They are a little bigger class size, 13 to 14 students in each class. Now, I know for the public schools that is tiny; however, for me, that is a large class size. I've taught a lot of the students before so I don't think we should have any problems. Nevertheless, with a larger class, you just never know. So, I hope you enjoy the kiddos from last semester!



(Nick in the front, Harry behind him, James2, and then Arthur in the background.)


(James1, Johnny behind him, you can't see OZ, and then Jenny, the only girl, in the back poking her head up)


(My smarties - Grant and Sebastian, the highest level students at this Avalon)


(Sally in pink and Bella next two her - two fantastic students, a little quiet, but fantastic!)


(Sally, Bella, and Emily in red. This is just to show you how tall some of the students are. When Emily sits in her chair, her feet dangle and it's kind of cute.)


(Me and Bang Bang Jack. His name is Jack but he always wears Bang Bang clothing, a brand, so I call him Bang Bang Jack. Right before we took the picture he said, "Yo Man!")


(Jack with Jenny behind him and Matthew next to her.)


(A lot of the students in this class really weren't feeling the camera; however, Brian, one of my favorite students told me he loved pictures - he's the one in the Camo jacket.)


(John John in the front, 12/28 or Helen behind him, Mary on the wall, and Dream in the back. Helen accidentally wrote the date where her name was supposed to be one day so I called her 12/28 and it stuck.)


(Isavel, yes vel, not bel on the left and Jane. Two great students who leveled up this semester!)


(Erica and Jack. Sadly, Erica is leaving this semester. She's one of my favorite students. I loved Jack too because he raised his hand to answer every single question.)


(Julia in the front, a sweetie, Erica, Jane, and Isavel in the back. This gives you an idea of the actual classroom size. There are two desks on each side four rows deep.)

1 comment:

Traveling Hawk said...

Very nice kids, indeed!

I have a curiosity. Two years ago I visited Beijing. There, people coming in contact with foreigners gave themselves English names, which are easier to pronounce as their own. Is that the case here?