2.27.2011

Dinner and Suwon Fortress, again

Friday night, on Avalon, we were able to go out for a staff dinner. We went to Oma's and had a delicious meal. In the end it ended up costing everyone about $2 after the money we got from Avalon. We had a great time and a few drinks. It wasn't that late of a night and Spenser and I called it earlier than the rest of the crew, except for Jen that is. Also, Erik disappeared at some point in the evening. He said he was going to get some more alcohol and then we never saw him again.

Saturday was a relaxing day, PB & J at the fortress. I took a few pictures. After that we went to HomePlus for a bit of grocery shopping. Then, Katrina and I came back to my place and I made some delicious beef tacos, for me of course. We relaxed and watched a movie. Today, it has been raining most of the day so it has been a lazy day. I'm planning on joining the gym again tomorrow so I decided to take it easy this weekend and save some money. Monday is the last day of the semester, we have off Tuesday, and then Wednesday I begin my new classes. I am teaching the upper intermediate level, JA for a fourth term in a row and since our old head instructor left. Also, I will be teaching Little Nochiwon and GA, the second highest level.

This brings me to the work news. With my contract expiring in May, I expressed an interest in the Head Instructor position over the past month of so. Last Friday I accepted the contract and also agreed to renew for another year. So, as part of my new responsibility I will be running foreign teacher meetings, watching videos twice a semester, making sure all teachers are prepared for each new semester, training new teachers, and handling anything else that comes up regarding either the foreign teachers or myself. So, that is the latest and greatest on this side of the world. With the weather turning I am getting excited about the summer and staying another year! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life!


(Justin, cooking up a storm. I'm glad I was with someone who enjoyed cooking. I hate to cook and eat at the same time.)


(Spenser on the left and Calvin on the right, chowing down on some food.)


(Erik and Spenser)


(The Avalon Elementary Staff with Oma and her daughter. Jen is the only one not in the other pictures because she takes pictures like this, with her eyes closed.)


(Suwon Fortress. If you see the person laying in the grass half way up the left hand side of the picture, that's Katrina.)


(One of the watch Towers)


(Fun photograph of the same watchtower)


(A fun shot of me. That's it for the weekend. Nothing too exciting.)

No comments: