2.08.2011

Dear Korean Bus Drivers/Transit Workers:

Dear Korean Bus Drivers and Transit Workers:

As I am sure you are well aware the winter months are upon us and have been for quite some time. I probably should have expressed my concern a bit earlier. You provide a wonderful service and for that, I am very thankful. However, there is one little favor I would like to request.

Can you please turn your heat down? I literally dread riding on the buses in winter. For starters, like most people, I usually spend a fair amount of time walking to the bus stop and waiting for a bus to arrive. Therefore, I dress appropriately - a few layers, coat, hat, scarf, gloves, etc. - it is of course winter. I feel quite content with my attire until I step onto the bus.

Are you trying to make people sick? Why does it feel like I stepped into an oven as soon as I get on the bus? Then, I usually weigh my circumstances (length of bus ride, temperature on the bus, driver skill, window seat, my temperature, as well as a number of other factors) and then begin to undress. I am already sweating by the time I walk the 10 feet to the back and begin taking off my coat, hat, scarf, and gloves. Often times, I will need to take off another layer. Then, anywhere from 10-40 minutes later I usually begin gearing up to leave my tropical oasis and head back into the cold. I am sure you can see the dilemma - freezing, scorching, freezing. Do I dress for the weather or the bus? If I dressed for the bus I would have shorts on.

So please, I know you are trying to do me a favor, but please please please turn your heat down. I am already dressed for the cold - IT'S WINTER! Thank you very much for your time and consideration, as well as the wonderful service you provide.

Best wishes,
JC

1 comment:

Plowboyzzt said...

Hey, RLB, We took the time this evening to read and look through all your recent blogs....awesome! It was torture, though, to see the big, juicy cheeseburger! (Nothing like that here!) Glad to see you and Katrina so very happy together. Love you, Polipoli and Plowboy
P.S. Especially enjoyed your "bus-driver letter," too! And, we have the very same lack-of-hot-water issues here.