7.09.2011

Boryeong Beach (Again)

It's been a while since my last post. A lot has happened. A lot has not. In Korea, unfortunately, it is now the rainy season, which for all intensive purposes sucks. Luckily, a few weeks ago, before it started, I was able to make it down to Boryeong. It takes about two and a half hours to get there which makes it ideal for a weekend trip. This time, I went with my co-workers, which was a lesson in and of itself and was a great chance for me to learn exactly what kind of people I prefer to go to the beach with. From now on, I'll be sure to be very selective who I go to the beach with. What can I say, some people are just ______________. I'm sure you can fill in the blank.

Regardless of the company, I still had a great time at the beach and got a chance to hang out by the ocean. There was some big Army event happening so there was soccer and I ended up playing in a flag football game as well. Lots of fun, it just left more sore the following two days. I did get bright red on my back and feet, which made it painful to walk and sleep at night. Once it clears up again, and after the Boryeong Mud Festival, I'll be sure to make my way back to the beach again; this time with Katrina! Yep, she arrived yesterday evening at 10:30 pm!


IMG_2812
(Starting the festivities a bit early, around 8 am perhaps)


IMG_2816
(We met the weapons team from Osan Airbase)


IMG_2827
(Yep, still not a hat guy)


IMG_2831
(I was a bit concerned but HomePlus came through with the kids tent for around 20 dollars. Fortunately, I have a tarp to put over top and it works perfect. Better than spending 150 on a junk tent in Korea.)


IMG_2838
(Yep, still not my sport. I did do a little bit better at football.)


IMG_2843
(Interestingly, Koreans swim with shirts on. Here is a great picture. Men, women, teenagers, children, everyone, except the foreigners, shirts on.)


IMG_2847
(Justin hanging on the beach.)


IMG_2852
(Spenser & Calvin at sunset)


IMG_2869
(Eva, some random girl that we met at 9 am and stayed with the guys long into the evening, even after I went to bed, with a roman candle.)


No comments: