6.21.2011

Parkin' It Up: Beomgye Style

A few weekends ago Spenser and I headed into Seoul to get some felafel. We went into Itaewon where we were supposed to meet up with Chelsea. However, she had a little bit of a late night the evening before so we decided to take the party to Beomgye, where she lives. At first, she was hesitant, to say the least, about the plan, but eventually came around. We ended up going to a park in the area. Oh to be a child again. I ended up playing badminton with a little kid, had one little kid shoot his water gun at me, ran through sprinklers, got a little wet, and watched some kids driving mini monster trucks. All in all, it was a wonderful day.


(Not the best game I've ever played but I still had a blast)


(Little kids just hanging out in a man made creek which ran throughout the park. It was hot so I understand why they were all in the water.)


(Waiting for the right time...)


(Very poor timing on my part. I just couldn't jump quite high enough. Needless to say, I was a little wet the rest of the day.)


(Chelsea and I hanging at the park, watching some Rollerbladers)


(Had Spenser take a picture of this kid solely because of his shoes - loved the style!)


(This was one of the coolest parts of the park. Kids could ride these mini cars around for free for a set amount of time and then they would change out to the next group. The city actually blocks off a whole street for the little tykes to drive around.)


(Ridin' Dirty)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh, awesome! I used to live right by there and loved that park! It is something that I definitely missed when I returned and lived in a place with much less parkage. :) Thanks for the photos!