2.24.2009

Happy and Feeling Great

Over the past couple of days I have come to a lot of realizations. For starters, I realize I have a lot of fears in life, but nothing that cannot be overcome. I came to this realization after reading Life Lessons which is a book written by two individuals who work with the dying. I came to this after realizing I had a lot of anger and behind all anger there is a fear. Fear, I never knew was actually there. I am working on letting go of my fear and anger, and it all began with forgiveness. Forgiving that one person who I never thought I would be able to has helped me in indescribable ways.

On a second note, I am finally getting my confidence back, which has been gone for a long long time. I sat down and took a look at my life and realized few people would have the courage to take on the challenges I have in life, some by choice, others not. When I take an objective look at my life, I realize that few other people, if any have: lost their best friend at the age of 17, moved away from home their senior year to pursue a dream, gone to college on the opposite coast, lived in a foreign country, survived in a foreign country without a job, traveled across an ocean for love, and in the near future, hike the Appalachian Trail. Few people have had the fortune to experience one of these, let alone all of them. And, I am only 24, soon to be 25. I know there are great things in store for my life, whatever it is I want that to be. I know I am going to have a lot more life experiences because that is what I want. I am feeling great and loving life and hopefully I will be able to sustain these positive thoughts. I hope you are doing well. Remember, there is no point in tip-toeing through life to reach the finish line. Hope everyone is doing great!

1 comment:

Plowboyzzt said...

It was good to learn more about you, RLB. Seems you've packed a lot into your 25 years, and are living life to the fullest..... very admirable! We wish you great happiness and adventure in Korea, and will check up on you (via your blogspot) periodically. GREAT photo at McAfee Knob! Love you, PoliPoli and Plowboy