8.04.2014

BC Car Camping Trip

While up in Calgary I got a chance to go on a bit of a camping trip.  We ended up taking the car and finding a spot on Crown Land in British Columbia.  Camping here is totally different, in some aspects, others not so much.  I can't say that I've ever done much car camping but one of the positives is the food.  The food is also so much better when you don't have to worry about carrying everything and there is a cooler.  Sleeping in the car...  not one of my favorite past times, but it worked.  It did get quite chilly on a few nights.

The best part about our location - the hot springs.  There were natural hot springs a 20 minute drive from where we were.  The second best part - there wasn't a soul in sight.  So, we pretty much had nature to ourselves, one of the aspects of camping I enjoy very much!  Also, Rebecca proposed to me at the hot springs - a pleasant surprise.  There were paper planes and paper boats and a necklace.  I'll have to see if I can find the photos from her proposal and put them on the following post.  Anyway, here are a few photos from our camping trip in BC on Crown Land.  


(Getting our beds ready for the evening)


(Dinner the first night - veggie sausages with cheese on cheesy rolls.  Quite tasty - even vegetarians can enjoy a tasty treat!)


(This vegetarian gave it the thumbs up)


(We built a little fire area complete with logs and a cooler for sitting)


(I was on breakfast duty which included making the coffee, cowboy style, and honky potatoes)


(I boiled the potatoes before I left so they didn't take as long and chopped up some mushrooms, onions, and peppers with a little bit of dill and some more veggie sausage - YUM!)


(Rebecca taking a moment to wake up and enjoy her coffee)


(Smoke shot...)


(Extra cheese - only happens with car camping)


(Coffee still hasn't sunk in yet)


(Time for a little hot spring action)


(The first time we went it was packed so we went on a little hike and came back later in the day)


("Most injuries in life are preventable.  Have a word with yourself."  Great life motto and mantra for a lot of people I know...)


(Lussier River hot springs, that's where we were...)


(Rebecca shot, I suppose...)


(Kissy time)


(We hiked around a lake, I believe Alces Lake or possibly Whiteswan, but my instincts tell me the former.  This was our view...)


(Another artsy shot from Rebecca)


(Jump shot time)


(Here, I had to throw pebbles into the water so if you look closely enough you may just be able to see the ripples...)


(A little pine tree action...)


(A little moss action...)


(Some more pine tree action...)


(Dead grass action...)


(Sweet reflection in the water action)


(And another...)



(Just kind of liked the way this looked on top of a log)


(Really???)


(I believe this night salmon was on the menu)


(Happy Happy Happy...)


(This, if I remember, was post coffee...)


(Had to look pretty...)


(A valley of sorts)


(Now, while this shot may not seem like much, as we were making our way down to the hot springs the final day we spotted 2 moose.  The jumped over the guardrail and took off into the wild.  This is the only photo I got, sadly...)

No comments: