8.07.2014

Rebecca's Proposal

During our camping trip on Crown Land, we made our way down to the hot springs extra early one morning.  This morning, I knew something was up and kind of expected something.  Fortunately, when we arrived, there was only one other couple in the springs.  Rebecca asked me to go down by the side of the river.  The next thing I knew she was rooting around in her pocket for something and pulled out a paper airplane and a paper boat.  We originally met online and corresponded via the internet for quite some time before actually deciding to meet in person.  I was originally penciled in as material for a book she was working on at the time.  This did not sit very well with me so she said we could fold up all our papers and let them fly/sail away. Interestingly, we weren't even planning on meeting before I left Calgary.  

Fortunately, it all worked out.  The boat and plane have symbolic meaning in regards to our online correspondence.  Additionally, she also made me a sweet silver necklace that was half of a paper airplane and she kept the other half for herself.  Of course I said yes...


(I was all decked out and ready to get in the hot springs... it was a bit chilly)


(I wasn't quite sure what they were at first...)


(Here you can see the airplane and boat a bit better)


(We sent the boats sailing and the planes flying)


(And watched as they floated down the river...)


(And then it was hot spring time)


(We were already engaged by this point but she wanted to ask...)


(Here you can see the chain... should have held the necklace up...)


(The springs were pretty cool because they were different pools with different temperatures)


(And in the morning we were the only ones there after the other couple left...)


(Rebecca had to do some untangling...)

No comments: