12.14.2013

Seattle Downtown Part II (The Pike Brewing Company & Seattle Art Museum)

After making my way from Olympic Sculpture Park up past Pike Place I found myself at The Pike Brewing Co.  I noticed it as I ventured down Post Alley as well as looking at places to go online.  You actually pass the back entrance as you make your way towards the gum wall.  So, I decided to stop in and grab some lunch and try out their beer selection.  The food was good.  I was not impressed by the beer.  I had a Dungeness crab chowder which was quite tasty and some poutine (I guess I was craving a taste of Canada after living there for 6 months).  The poutine was definitely American style, that's for sure.

After lunch I made my way to the Seattle Art Museum (SAM).  There was a special on Peru and kind of made me want to visit.  I should find myself in South America in the near future so this shouldn't be a problem.  There was a lot of interesting pieces although I must say I'm not a huge fan of contemporary art.  A few of the pieces it kind of looked like I could have made them, and for those of you who do not know, I'm not very artistic.  I did like how you are able to take pictures and I think I may have gotten a few good ones.  Enjoy.  

I'll be making my way back to 'The Sweetest Place on Earth' tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing family, friends, and family friends.  I must say, I do love my life at the moment and feel like whatever track I'm on, it is the right one!


 (The Pike Brewing Co. as viewed from Post Alley)


(The Gum Wall once more.  Down and to the left is the back entrance to The Pike Brewing Co.) 


 (This was a Photo Op but seeing as how I was by myself you'll have to just imagine me in the photo)


 (The brewery was on the bottom floor and was quite big.  The brewing operation made its way to the 2nd floor at times and this was one of the photos from the 2nd floor.)


(This was a view from the 2nd floor down into the restaurant area.  There was a lot of these plates as well as memorabilia throughout the restaurant.)


 (Here's a view from inside the restaurant - notice all the memorabilia)


 (The coaster on the right as you are looking at the photo reminded me of a special person in my life so I took this photo)


 (More of the plates)


(And some more memorabilia)


 (Seattle Art Museum from 1st Ave.)


(Signs for SAM)


 (Caterpillar Man 1)


(Caterpillar Man 2)


 (This 'plump' woman caught my attention)


(An interesting piece from Africa)


 (Some contemporary art)


 (This was perhaps my favorite piece in the museum.  There are nails, a lot of them, in this statue.)


 (I also liked this 2 headed glass.  I wonder if you can find these for sale?)


 (Lion armrest)


(Speakers made into art)


(This door had me pondering - not the door itself but rather wondering about the people that passed through it...)


(Immediately as you enter SAM you see these cars)


(This picture was taken at the end of my time in SAM from an opposite angle and a floor lower than the previous shot, possibly 2 floors)


 (I took a picture of this because I thought it was terrible.  I thought it was terrible because I could have painted this.  However, I didn't and so this person's artwork is in a museum and not mine.)


(This was a modern Native American piece and I really liked this part of the museum)


(A modern soul catcher.  Soul catchers were used when a patient was put in a trance to make sure the spirit wouldn't leave this world.)


(This is an older soul catcher made out of bone)


 (More Native American art)


(This was a fun piece of art)


 (Another headpiece)


(Rope)


(This vase was made out of glass)


(This was my artsy shot for the day)

No comments: