2.12.2014

Polar Vortex in Downtown Harrisburg

Although I'm not exactly sure what a polar vortex consists of, I am excited to see that the weather people of the world are trying to spice life up a bit and make things a little more interesting.  It used to just be called cold.  I was under the vortex just meant cold.  However, I guess with the cold comes the possibility of snow and the like.  Alas, here are a few photos of my experience with the polar vortex in Hershey, Pennsylvania.


(The first storm we got hit on Monday.  Luckily, it was just snow.  Unfortunately, it was heavy, wet snow.)


(This is in the parking lot at K-Mart.  A friend picked me up and we made our way downtown to help out another friend.  A 3rd member of our party needed gloves, hence the stop at K-Mart.  Yes, they still exist, at least here in Central PA.)


(State street which runs run into the State Capitol)


(Harrisburg's Capitol)


(These pictures took place Wednesday morning and after the snow storm, we ended up with an ice storm.  I know the pictures aren't the best but it's the best I could do in freezing rain with an I-pod touch...)


(Capitol at night.  In case you can't tell, the sidewalk is a sheet of ice...)


(My buddy Stocker making his way onto the morning news at 6:30 in the morning.  This storm was definitely news worthy.  About an hour later another buddy made his was on to TV sets across Central PA.)


(Again, hopefully this gives you a sense of the ice that accumulated in a few short hours...)

No comments: