2.23.2014

Columbus Part I (El Camino, the Workshop, and Dewey)

It's been a while...  
I just got back a few days ago from a trip out to Louisville, Kentucky and Columbus, Ohio.  The trip started a few months back when I met a beautiful young woman in Calgary.  For some reason, she has always wanted to go to Kentucky.  So, we did.  Not too far and possibly on the way to Kentucky is the city of Columbus.  Fortunately, one of my good buddies from high school lives in Columbus and we were able to have a bit of a reunion, if only for a short period of time.  

Here's the first part of the trip in Columbus which includes a night out on the town, a workshop meeting, and Dewey.  Enjoy!

 (The last time I saw Poma was at a wedding and we were trying to figure out the math and came up with at least 8 years since we've seen each other.)


(El Camino, a Mexican place with cheap delicious food and a fun Happy Hour, or at least it was for us.)


 (Amy Holden, another old friend from high school who now also resides in Columbus.  At one point she was slated to be the Secretary of Education...)


 (Whitney, Poma's wife.  It was my first time meeting her and I'm sure what impression I made...)


 (Of course we had to hug it out)


(Whitney and Poma)


(Someone was drinking a beer called Lonestar.  If you've never had a Lonestar the caps have riddles and puzzles printed on them.  So, we had quite a bit of fun trying to solve puzzles after we had had a few drinks.)  


(Whitney headed home for the evening as we headed to a final bar for the night)


 (By this point and only for a brief moment Ivy had control of the camera.  As you can see, her photos leave a lot to be desired.)  


(Another Ivy Photo)


 (Char Bar in downtown Columbus - had a fun atmosphere.)


(Random guy who was met out on the street)


 (Ivy hanging out at the table giving Jonathan the evil eye for something.  At one point, and I believe it was a discussion on the legalization of illegal drugs, tears were shed.  However, I know he loves her!)


 (Barnes, a cool-cat from Columbus)


(Poma had a meeting the one morning with a few of his buddies as they are attempting to get a start up company going.  Not so important.  The important part was the location - a placed called the Workshop.)


(Chandelier in the Workshop)


(Some old luggage and a mounted deer head)


 (A few globes in case you ever get lost or I guess are trying to figure out where you're headed next...)


 (An old bike)


(A nifty looking clock)


(Not sure what this contraption was but it looked old)


(I put in a request while I was in Columbus to ride some horses.  Ivy, as long as I have known her, has always been involved with horses and I figured seeing as how I would be close to Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby, I should try and get on a horse...)


 (Well, thanks to Ivy, I did.  This is Dewey...)


(This is me wearing a helmet after I signed my life away.)


(Ivy took me through the whole process from bushing the horse down to putting the thing she is putting on now, the saddle, cleaning out the hooves, and everything inbetween.)


(Dewey and I get one last photo while we are both happy with each other and I'm off to ride him)


 (That's me, on a horse)


(We did a walk and a trot I believe, but didn't go any faster.  There were discussions before the evening started of jumping.  That's going to have to wait, at the very least until next time, possibly longer.)


 (Thanks again to Ivy and Dewey, as well as Dewey's owner!)


(Pyyyyyyaaaaahhhhhh!  I did it!)

No comments: