2.28.2014

Jungle Jim's

I dropped the ball and got a little excited.  This isn't the bombshell post quite yet...

I spent a few nights in Columbus before making my way down to Louisville.  While I was in Pennsylvania I was visiting my buddy Arch and his dad started telling me about this place called Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati.  He saw it on TV on megastores.  So, after a great debate about where certain cities in Ohio were located we pulled up a map and noticed Cincinnati was pretty much on the way from Columbus to Louisville.  I forget who was correct, but I am leaning towards Tank.

So, as I left Columbus I figured, why not, let's make a stop at Jungle Jim's.  I spent about 2 hours in the store and could have spent even longer had I not been on somewhat of a schedule.  Jungle Jim's is a super store with some super displays.  At one point I even thought about going back out to the car and grabbing my camera, these photos were taken with an I-pod touch.  Most of the sections have some sort of display that relates to the goods and items within each section.  So, if you ever find yourself in Cincinnati make sure you schedule at least an hour to stop by Jungle Jim's.

Bombshell next time, I promise...


(The entrance as I made my way to Jungle Jim's)


(Nice rhinoceros with a few paintings on it)


(A painted trailer - Hippie colors)


(There was a fire truck by the hot sauces)


(Pretty old school display with the masks)


(Quaker Steak & Lube display in the sauces section)


(There was food from all over the world - Asia, Africa, South America, Europe, and everywhere inbetween.  I saw some Korean foods, including a huge section of kimchi.  Here's a boat.)


(Here's a plane.  The prices were really good, at least compared to what I am used to paying.)


(Honey - as I'm sure you can tell, this place is huge...)


(A boat in the seafood section)


(Here they had a little seaside market if you look at the top)


(PORK)


(An alligator and bird of some sorts made out of metal)


(The company originally started as a roadside market/fruit stand and just continued to grow and grow and grow.  They have remained true to their roots and still have a fresh produce section.)


(Tasting Bar in the store)


(All the beers on this shelf are craft beers.  So, if you're a craft beer lover or fan of micro-brews check out their selection.  This is only a portion of their alcohol selection.)


(Cigars, just in case you wanted to smoke while you shopped, or for after your trip)


(This was 1 of 3 or 4 cheese racks, just to give you an idea of how much cheese was in the store.  This is just the cheese.  So, hopefully you can imagine...)


(Candy section)


(A Jelly Belly Car)

No comments: