3.06.2014

Louisville and the Love of My Life...

After Columbus and Jungle Jim's, I made my way to Louisville, Kentucky.  A young woman I had met briefly before leaving Calgary had always wanted to travel to the land built by the Colonel and turned into an empire.  So, after only 23 hours of time together and countless emails, which was plenty for me, we decided a few weeks later to spend some time in the land famous for  fried chicken, bourbon, bats, and home of the Kentucky Derby.  She's a pescatarian by the way.  

Anyway, long story short, this woman is the one I've been waiting for and didn't know she was out there and at some point (and here's the bombshell), I'm not sure when, we'll be married.  Oh, and don't worry, she feels the same way.  I can't really describe my feelings, but when you know, you know, and I know.  We spent a week together and it was amazing!  The whole trip really can't be described but I shall do my best.  

She flew in to the airport on February 13th and I drove down from Columbus the same day.  We used AirBnB and if you have not done so, I'd recommend looking into it.  I greeted her at the airport with flowers and we went back to our hosts' place and spent the night.

She's artsy so for Valentine's Day I took her to a restaurant called Proof on Main.  Surprise Valentine's day lunch.  Essentially, it is a restaurant inside of an art gallery and there's a free art museum attached to the building.  It was perfect.  The exhibit, from what she told me, was a world class and unique exhibit.  We dined, checked out the exhibits, and then made our way to a glasswork studio - Louisville Glassworks.  We also passed the Louisville Slugger museum, got a few pictures, and saw a bit of the downtown area.  We were both stuffed from lunch and played a bit of cribbage before calling it a night.  

So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce Rebecca...


(This photo was from later in the week when we stopped at a Dunkin' Doughnuts and played cribbage.  This is Rebecca, the love of my life.)


(Some of the special bats made at the Louisville Slugger company - a bat walk of fame if you will)


(Here's one a little closer up)


(Jump shot, yep, that's me, and that's also a giant bat.  We didn't tour the museum/factory, because, well, they make bats...)


(A fun horse we passed on the way to the restaurant)


(A fun statue we passed as we made our way to Proof on Main)


(This exhibit is called 'What the Flock')


(It consists of seagulls made from recycled materials and some of them are exploding)


(So, at some point during our correspondence she told us that she doesn't like to have her photo taken with other people.  Understandable.  The server stopped and asked if we would like to have our photo taken together.  I told her politely, no thank you.  Then, she proceeded to tell me that in that instance it was ok because it was natural.  So, I called the waitress back over and asked if she would mind taking our photos.  You can tell by the look she's giving me how she felt...)


(But she started to laugh a bit.  On a side note, the food was delicious.  I had a buffalo burger and she got a cauliflower curry sandwich and we both guy the fries with truffle oil, recommended by our server.)


(Exploding seagull)


(These penguins were part of an exhibit and infamously found themselves being moved in the middle of the night.  So, I decided to get a kiss.)


(A fun interactive exhibit)


(Steamed jellyfish)


(Tornado trash in silver)


(Record Art)


(These are the photos from Glassworks)


(If you get a chance stop by and check out some of the displays.  I believe they even offer classes...)


(This was my favorite piece)


(And here was another fun one)


No comments: