5.03.2015

Alki Beach with the Friedrick Clan

One of my favorite things about finding a job in South East Asia is the opportunity to experience a new culture.  Another thing I enjoy is the food.  It also means I'll be making my way westward.  And when I head west there's always one place I have to stop - Seattle.  There are a lot of great things about Seattle but the best part, at least for me, is Joel and Momo.  Great people and great friends!  There was a period of time where I had spent more Thanksgivings with Joel and his family than with my own.  Rebecca and I were fortunate enough to spend 3 weeks in Seattle and I'm glad she got a chance to meet my second family.  No gyoza challenges this time although there was talk of a spice challenge (it never happened).  

Anyway, the one day we went to Alki beach.  We went for a nice walk along the water, saw a different view of the city, played in the sand a bit, and took some photos...



 (Rebecca and I with the city in the background)


(Oh hey, look!!!)


(Holding up the Space Needle)



 
(Another view of the city)


(A sweet house we passed on our walk)


 (A view of the beach)


(3 wild and crazy dudes hanging out on the beach)



(Momo taking some photos)


 (Everybody hanging out by the water)


 (I think this photo was staged, but I am not 100 percent sure)


 (The Friedricks living the dream)


(Another artsy photo, probably taken by Ms. Rebecca)

No comments: