12.08.2013

Experience Music Project (E.M.P.) Museum

This morning we made our way down to the Experience Music Project located next to the Space Needle in the Seattle Center Area.  I've always noticed the building as I've found myself in that part of the world quite a few times but never quite ventured inside.  So, after talking it over with Joel, for he had never been there either, we decided to go and check it out.  Order your tickets online (we saved $5 each).  

Highlights of the Day:
- Breakfast in Bed (at the table)
- Largest indoor big screen TV
- Guitar Fountain
- Jimi Hendrix Exhibits
- Original Superman Costume
- Darth Vader's Light Saber 
- Sound Lab
- 'The Lion's' Costume from the Wizard of Oz
- Getting Eaten by a Dinosaur
- Great Times with Great Friends and MJ

I must say, we had a lot of fun today.  Tonight, stemming from my last visit to Seattle, the gyoza (Chinese dumpling popular in Japan) challenge will occur.  East vs. West.  Momo vs. Me.  The challenge - 100 gyozas.  Stay tuned...



(The bet from the 'big' Poker game Friday night was Breakfast in Bed...  This was the prize.)


 (Seattle in the distance as we made our way down I-5)


(Jump Shot - sculpture in front of the Space Needle) 


(Another sculpture outside the Space Needle)


 (I believe this was called Black Lightning - you can see the Experience Music Project in the background)


 (Random Totem Pole outside EMP)


(One thing I missed in Calgary was the varying color of leaves)


(Here you can see the EMP building in the background, albeit not very well)


(This is a view of the backside of the EMP Museum)


 (Here's a close up - the metal looks surreal)


 (Me and the EMP Museum sign)


(This was as we made our way in)


(One final shot of the outside of the building) 


 (Momo and I in front of the guitar fountain)


(There were just a ton of guitars, keyboards, accordions, etc.)


(Joel was the cameraman for this shot - at least he got the guitars in focus)


(Here's a little better shot - the fountain was 2 stories tall - thanks Momo, no this was Joel's 3rd attempt but he finally got it)


(In the Sound Lab you could make your own music or listen to your music and play along with it)


 (Music is...)


 (There was an exhibit on Horror Films which was rather interesting)


(There were some photos of scared people as you made your way down the steps)


(This was the switchboard from Frankenstein)


 (Me trying to look scared after we finished the exhibit)


 (There was also a fantasy exhibit - here you can see the cowardly lions wardrobe from The Wizard of Oz.  They also had the sword from Inigo Montoya, the guy from The Princess Bride who said, 'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.')


 (Started having a little fun in the Science Fiction Icons section...)


 (Just running so fast...)


(And Joel was super trooper on the camera and just kept firing away)


 (I think there are about 37 photos from a 30 second period)


(Myself and MJ going light speed)


 (Super MJ)


 (Yeah, you all know what's happening here...)


 (Oh no - the dinosaur ate my hand but I have a conspicuously large wrist...)


 (It hurts...)


 (And now he's trying to eat my head...)


 (Space Needle - gotta have it...)


 (Pacific Science Center Arches)


(I do believe the Pacific Science Center may be the next stop when I make my way back to Seattle)


(A few large flowers)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have to say I'm pretty offended every time you come to Seattle and don't send so much as shout out my way! One of these days, you probably should. :) It does look like you have been having fun though. Stay warm!