12.10.2013

Gyoza Challenge

Last time I visited Seattle Momo jokingly made the comment, 'Oh, I can eat 100 gyozas.'  However, last time, seeing as how she was pregnant with MJ we decided to postpone the gyoza Challenge until my next visit...

100 Gyozas.  2 Hours.  East vs. West.  Japan vs. America.  Momo vs. JC.  The following photos and video were recorded from that epic night.  Fun?  Absolutely!  Would I do it again?  Never.  The 53 gyozas it took to win the competition came up later that night.  I've never eaten so much in my life and plan on never eating that much again.  MJ even had some input, watch the video below to see what he has to say...  


(Gyozas still in the bag.  We got 7 bags with about 30 gyozas in each bag.)


 (Momo and I posing before Joel begins cooking)


(Thankfully Joel was willing to cook, perhaps he was smart enough to realize the impact of attempting to eat 100 gyozas...  I'm not sure.)


(We fried the gyozas in sesame oil and looking back we should have boiled them...  hindsight is 20/20)


 (A sign of respect before the Challenge began)


(The stare down...)


 
(We used pennies to keep track of how many gyozas were consumed.  Joel cooked 20 at a time, 10 for both Momo and myself and when he brought a new plate over he would take a penny away.)


(One of the dipping sauces)


(Momo and MJ)


(I had 2 dipping sauces and was drinking some OJ to try and mix up the taste.  None of the strategies really helped.)


 (For some reason I thought gyozas were smaller.  They're not that small.) 


(MJ looking at me like I'm crazy...)


(Not sure which plate this was on but it makes me sick to look at it now)


(Enjoy the video, it's my favorite part)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 53?!? I could do 100 easy.