12.29.2013

Christmas Day - Happy Birthday Jesus (Part I)

Christmas morning was a special day as a kid and I still find myself a bit excited for some reason.  This year I was up at 5:30, not because I had an alarm set, just because I couldn't sleep.  I wanted to make sure I made it over to my sister's house to watch my nephew open gifts.  He's almost double digits now and I'm not quite sure how many more years he'll believe in Santa.  Also, I'm not sure how many Christmases I'll be around in the future.  So, when home, I like to see his face and watch him open gifts on Christmas.  

Speaking of Santa, I must have been a good boy this year because I made out quite well.  I got the 2 things I asked for - an I-Pod touch for when I'm traveling as well as a skateboard.  I have visions of myself cruising down the streets of South America on a skateboard.  Also, it's my challenge to myself this year - learn to ride a skateboard.  So, that's exciting.  Here are a few photos from Christmas morning... stay tuned for more photos from Christmas evening.  


(G-Unit during the early stages of gift opening - the Stocking)


(Jen and Jamie)


(My sister got the teapot she's been asking for, a Keurig Coffee machine, and I paid for her registration in the Hershey 5k color run)


 (Jamie got a BB gun to shoot with the not so little little man)


 (My nephew and his new BB gun)


 (Me as I opened the gift from my sister)


 (At this point I had already known what it was)


(And it was a skateboard - woot woot!)


 (Family gift - X-Box 360)


 (Myself and my nephew)


(Pooba showed up.  Pooba is my father, G-Unit's grandfather)


(We got him a guitar this year for Christmas)


(When he came in Gavin handed him some picks.  I told him, "Pops, wasn't a good year this year.  Going to have to wait another year."  He went out to the car to grab something and by the time he came back into the house his guitar was already on the couch.  However, before seeing it he said, "Well, the least you could have done was printed off a picture."  Then he saw it and said, "Oh.  There it is."


(Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, the new version)


(Time for a little BB Gun action)


(Dad going over the rules and explaining some important information before getting started.  Mom making sure things are kosher.  Pooba recording it.)


(Action shot)


(Rock 'em Sock 'em with Nana Bird)


(Big Winner)


(Nana Bird and Mr. opening gifts)


(Mom got some earrings)


(Time for a Nerf Gun Battle)


(The battle commences)


(Jamie taking up his position behind a tree)


(It always seemed to be 2 on 1 at some point of the battle and although 1 of the rules was NO HEAD SHOTS everyone was hit in the head at least once)


(Sis giving the thumbs up.  She was a happy camper and was also 'good' this year.)


(Funny Hat photo)


(Funny Hat Funny Faces Thumbs Up photo)

No comments: