8.07.2010

Random Photos

Below you will find pictures from Japan. There is not a lot of detail for each section, only pictures, due to the amount of time it took me to create these post. Every day we went to a different city for the most part. Thursday was Kyoto with the whole Aochi family, Friday was Nara with Hiroko's mom, and Saturday was Osaka with Katrina and I later joined by her father. If you have any specific questions about any one day or picture, please ask. I hope the pictures suffice and will get back in to more detail now that I am done with this vacation blog.

We saw a lot of things in a short amount of time. It was a wonderful vacation and I had a blast. I love the Aochi family and their hospitality. Hopefully, in the near future, I will see Hiroko and her family in South Korea. Or, go back to Japan since I am so close. They are a wonderful family and I am truly thankful to have gotten to know them. The following 4 posts are a rough picture outline of the five days, three full days spent on vacation on Japan.




(As Hiroko's Dad called it, around Sushi. As a way to say thanks for everything they did for me last time, I took the family out to sushi. We had a great time and this is what happens when you want a special order. On the bottom track you can see the different kinds of sushi moving around. Whenever you see one you like, you grab it off and eat it. Enough said. Then, everyone says hello quickly.)


(At Incheon Airport before we left, relaxing on some sweet couches. There was also a nice museum we went to. It's been rated the top airport for five years in a row now, or something like that.)


(On the plane, free beer. I love flying in Asia. On the way back, on our two hour flight, we got a little meal with pasta, some fish, and other little snackies. Gotta love it!)


(First meeting Hiroko's Dad)


(Genki! I'm good - according to Hiroko's Dad!)


(This picture was taken for one person and one person only. He knows what's inside that little package...)


(Last night, dining Japanese style.)


(In the center of the table is a giant George Forman like grill where you throw on onions, peppers, cabbage, carrots, squash, strips of beef, sausage, shrimp, and whatever else you want to cook. Whenever something is done, if you want it, you pick it off with your chop sticks and eat it. I don't know why but it is one of my favorite ways to eat. It just feels like a big family eating together and it doesn't matter what you want, you just pick it up and eat it. And other people grab food off and put it on your plate to eat and you do the same for them. It was freaking delicious, I love Hiroko's Mom's cooking!!!)


(Me flipping something so it doesn't get burnt)


(Nabe, Hiroko, Hiroko's mom, myself, and Katrina as we are getting started. You can see the piles of different foods set around the table.)


(This is my GQ shot with my new Capri pants which you'll read about later. This is on top of the Aochi's roof in their hometown of Hyton-yama,)


(Katrina, Hiroko, and I on top of the roof.)


(Hiroko replaced by her father. I liked how you could see the mountains in Japan - that doesn't happen a lot in Korea.)


(As we were leaving for the airport, last shot of the gang.)


(Sad faces in the airport as we got ready to come back home)

2 comments:

Nilesh said...

I’m just seeing this post for the first time. Thank you so much for mentioning me. What a great feeling. Thanks again!

Nicole said...

you guys are smiling ear to ear (exept on that last pic), but you must have had a really good time..^^
and by the way Hiroko is such a nice name :)