12.01.2013

A Friedrick Thanksgiving

I've been fortunate.  There's a lovely family, my second family, whom I've been able to spend Thanksgiving with the last 3 out of 4 years and while it's not my kin, I still feel at home, which is an amazing feeling.  I was lucky enough to make the trip from Seattle down to Woodland and spend Thanksgiving, my second of the year, with the Friedrick Clan.  I am not quite sure what defines a clan, but with the addition of MJ, I do believe the Friedrick's have reached clan status.  The food was great, the company fantastic, and it was a wonderful time had by all.  These people will always hold a special place in my heart and who knows, wherever I am in the world, Thanksgiving in Woodland may just become a tradition...  

 (We started off with some yummy appetizers - meats of all sorts, olives and peppers, and some mozzarella cheese)


 (Working a little camera magic)


(Mama Friedrick preparing Kale salad which was amazing - don't worry mom, I got the recipe) 


(We had various sorts of cannellonis - butternut squash, spinach, meat, and crab with various combinations of each)

(For dessert we dined on pumpkin bread pudding)


 (This is buddy, Joel and Momo's dog.  Buddy and I have become quite attached the past few days.  He often spends time nestled between my legs while Momo and Joel are at work.  Even today we took a nap together.  There are ongoing talks and a slight possibility Buddy may make the trip to PA...)


(One of my favorite pictures of the weekend - Momo and MJ)



 (Joel was getting artsy here as he got myself and Mama Fred eating MJ with Momo in the background preparing to take a photo)


 (This is Paulita with the wine behind David who is seated next to Katie)


(Myself and MJ just hanging out)


(3 generations of Friedrick men hanging on the couch with Buddy keeping an eye out for intruders)


 (MJ in one of his favorite outfits)


(John and Katie as we were getting ready for dinner)


(Joel, the proud papa)


(MJ just hanging out)


(Another great photo of Joel, MJ, and Paulita with Buddy in the foreground)


(Perhaps my favorite picture of the weekend...)


 (Momo, Paulita, and John's sister Jill discussing the facts of life)


 (Joel and I took some time to feed the neighbor's horses - incredible creatures)


(The only experience I can relate it to and it was not even close was feeding an elephant in Thailand)


(This wonderful creature showed up slightly after we had finished handing out carrots, just to check on Joel and I)


(MJ and uncle Zach)


(MJ and Mama Friedrick)


 (I tried to get a few photos with my second mom but she made me delete 75% of them.  This was one of the few I was allowed to keep.)


(Another Thanksgiving tradition - Joel getting his hair cut) 

No comments: