10.09.2010

Doozy of a Week

After last weekend, the guys at work decided to take me out - EVERY NIGHT THIS WEEK. It was a good time and I had a blast; however, this is not the kind of lifestyle I can see myself living. Some nights were longer than others and one always turned into one more. I do have some great memories from the week and I found a few new places in and around Suwon.

For starters, Thursday night, I made it to the Big Chill (location unknown, not because I was drunk, just because I have no idea where it is - somewhere close to the Fortress). Thursday night happens to be Bar Trivia, which I knew. A few of my co-workers went a few weeks back. They hold Trivia night every week on Thursday; however, one Thursday it's in Korean, the next English, and so on and so forth. We met two Englishmen there and a woman from America and decided to join their group. Our team name, The Empire (and colonies). Needless to say, we took first place. I don't really think bar quizes are for me: I don't really know any actors or actresses names, I don't watch a lot of movies, if I listen to music, I usually don't know who the artist is, let alone the song name, and I don't drink that often. Still, I had a great time and I'm planning on going back in two weeks... our team name should be The Empire Strikes Back, at least in my opinion.

Then, one night, I'm not sure which night it was, we were walking around looking for some chicken place that Spenser had been to before. We had had a little too much too drink that night and couldn't find the chicken place. Luckily, we came across a place called Mom's Food. We ended up at Mom's the next two nights I think after we were finished. So, I think Mom's now holds a special place in my heart. Also, the Korean ladies in there loved us. We will definitely be heading back in the near future.

As for me, I'm doing alright. Sometimes are better than others, it just depends on the day or what song comes on. However, I think we both know that this was the right decision, which by no means makes it any easier. If there is any new developments I will be sure to let you know.

My apologies for the lack of pictures, it has been a lazy two weekends and I haven't gotten a chance to explore. Tonight I am going with some of the guys from work to a martial arts performance at the Fortress. Hopefully I'll get some good shots then.

1 comment:

Angelica said...

Hi, I found your blog by searching for Seoul bar trivia. I've been looking for an outlet for my love of useless knowledge. I see you live in Suwon- me too! Do you know when the next English trivia night at that bar is?