7.20.2010

Terrific Tuesday

You might be wondering why Tuesday was so terrific. I will tell you. If you do not care to know, skip to paragraph two where you will get a work update. Tuesday was great for two reasons. For starters, I only had two classes. The new guy, Spenser, picked up one of my classes which gave me an extra 70 minutes to do some work - grade essays, enter class comments, etc. So, it was nice to have the extra time. On top of that, an expected package arrived from my mother and was sitting on my desk when I got back from my first class - another great surprise. Inside was everything I asked for and then some (a tarp - which actually cost about $100 mom - to use as a rain fly for our $15 tent, a belt, a wallet so I can use my T-Money card without actually having to remove it from my wallet, tooth paste, lotion, gum, honey roasted peanuts, 3 cans of refried beans, 2 Old El Paso and 1 Taco Bell, tootsie rolls, chocolate, and the powdered drink packets which can add flavor to any bottle of water! A glorious package! I was quite pleased, in fact ecstatic, to say the least! Thanks again Mom!

As for work, we start intensives on Thursday and they last for a week. Intensives allow students the opportunity to come in for an extra class and focus on one specific area of English - this semester, speaking. There are two nice things about intensives - more breaks and I am done at 9 pm. Nevertheless, there are also some drawbacks. I now start at 12 pm instead of 2 pm, I only have an hour of prep time instead of two, and there is an additional class each day that I must prepare for. I have the hour of prep time, teach a class, then two breaks, then three classes on Monday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday I have the hour of prep time, class, break, class, break, two classes. My sweet day, Wednesday, I have prep time, class, two breaks, two classes, then a break at the end of the day. Not a bad schedule, my only real complaint is that my Monday and Friday break is from 2:10 until 4:40, which is not conducive to a nice dinner. On the plus side, I do think I make a few extra dollars, however, due the lack of communication within the work place this has not yet been confirmed or denied so I will have to wait until August 10th and check my pay stub.

As for now, that is the latest and the greatest. We are headed to Insadong this weekend to try to find Katrina's Dad and step Mother birthday gifts. We might stop at Itaewon on the way back for dinner. There aren't really any set plans. I am getting more and more excited about our vacation with each passing day. I keep telling myself with the extra work - VACATION, VACATION, VACATION!!! It's only for 5 days but it will be a wonderful 5 days! I am looking forward to seeing Hiroko and her family and I am sure there will be lots of pictures from the trip.

1 comment:

Plowboyzzt said...

Have a glorious time in Japan! Vacation!