7.08.2010

Quick Update

Just a quick update - busy week this week. Another teacher went on vacation this week so I am doing 4 classes again, which means about four and half straight hours of teaching. I know it's not a lot, but it seems like a lot when you are used to a 70 minute break at some point in the day. However, today is Friday which is wonderful news.

No big plans for this weekend. We thought about going to the beach but the weather isn't looking too good, mostly cloudy and a few chances of rain. Without a tarp or a sufficient rain fly, which our $15 tent didn't have, we decided to play it safe and just tour around Suwon a bit more. We are going to climb up a section of the wall along the fortress we have yet to visit. Also, if I get paid, Katrina and I are going to get some Indian food. I am 26 and this is my first 'real job,' at least according to my father's definition (health benefits and a decent paycheck). So, I am going to celebrate my first real paycheck. It's a bit strange being paid once a month but such is life. It definitely makes me live on a budget, which is good and bad. However, I have yet to run out of money on my budget so I think it is working pretty well.

I borrowed a bike from one of my co-workers the other day - I think that will also be a gift to myself after the first paycheck is in the bank. The walk to work is only fifteen minutes but the amount of time I'll save over a year will be well worth the bike purchase. Plus, I can cruise around like I did in Japan and check out all the little areas I might not get to on foot. Katrina and I found a market last week exploring, I'll have to take some pictures. That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing great.

On a side note: CONGRATULATIONS to my cousin, Kara, and her husband to be, Scotty. There wedding is this weekend. Also, my sister is a maid of honor in another wedding in Boston this weekend.

No comments: