11.08.2010

Life Update

Work is going great at the moment. Last week, the kids have Term Test on Monday and Tuesday, Newspaper Day on Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday was Event Day. Event Day was essentially Halloween for the kiddos. A few of mine dressed up in customes and I gave them some extra candy as well as a few stamps to get out of detention. This week, we have review day on Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday is pay-day, always a good feeling.

This weekend lacked in any excitment. Saturday afternoon I did some writing (see below), had a pizza for dinner, and went to a Korean bath house (it is a bit akward since most of the Korean men stare at your junk - I guess they want to see what a foreigner is working with). It was a relaxing experience as it always is and I felt refreshed afterwards. Saturday night a few co-workers competed in the beer mile. You chug a beer, run a quarter of a mile, chug again, another quarter of a mile and so on and so forth until you finish a mile. The event was entertaining and a few of the boys lost their dinners afterwards. After that, Justin, a co-worker and beer miler (although he drank Makali which is fitting in Korea and I like the sound better - Makali Mile), went with me to HomePlus. I got a few gorceries for the week and that was all.

Sunday, I was planning on going to a wedding but didn't quite make it after we missed a bus and were going to be late. I decided if I was going to miss the ceremony it would be pointless in traveling the two and a half hours there and back again for lunch. So, I stayed at home, did some deep cleaning and got the apartment looking nice. I also did a few loads of laundry.

This month, thanks for a friend, Rob Melly, I have decided to embark on the November Novel Challenge. You are supposed to write 50,000 words in a month. Mine isn't exactly a Novel and it's not going to be 50,000 words. Nevertheless, my entire life, I've wanted to write a book. I am about 10,000 words in and feeling pretty good. I will admit, at this point, it is a little sloppy and will surely need some work. My goal is to hit around 25-30,000 words in a month. Essentially, all I do during the week is wake up, go the gym Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and the rest of my time in the morning is spent writing. The weekends I usually try to write about 2,000 words a day so that takes up a lot of time as well.

Right now, my life is consumed with this novel and the idea of finishing it. I haven't felt this passionate or dedicated to anything in a long time and it feels good. I even decided to drop Facebook for the time being until the book is completed so there will be as few distractions as possible. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and loving life!

1 comment:

Plowboyzzt said...

Hey, RLB,
We took the time today to catch up on your photos and news. Have to say that I'm sad to hear that you and Katrina have split up....You were an adorable couple! Hope that life works out wonderfully for BOTH of you, even if not together.
We are doing great in China. It's hard to believe that we've been here for 3 months already! Hope you've been able to receive our blog postings.
Love you, take care, PoliPoli and Plowboy