11.23.2010

Spenser's Birthday

The following pictures tell the story of Spenser's Birthday from roughly 10 pm until about 6:30 am. I always questions putting some of these pictures up but drinking is part of the culture. Bars and clubs stay open all night, not like in the States where they close at 2 am. Anyway, the following pictures do not do justice to the evening we had put in some way I hope you can get a sense of how great an evening it was for all involved.

(Dinner after work)


(After dinner we headed back to Spenser's place for a little. We did quite a few shots which, later in the night caught up with a few people. I believe we were toasting to the night Spenser was conceived - Thank You Spenser's Parents)


(We went to a little bar close to our apartment and had some more drinks. I put this picture up so you could see how No-Shave November was coming along - not great if you ask me.)


(Here, as you can tell by the picture, is when the alcohol started to kick in. Lots of stores have tanks with fish, squid, crabs, and other creatures of the sea. Somehow, I don't know how (but really I do), Spenser got the idea to grab a crab out of the tank.


(This was taken at about 3:30 in the morning I believe, hitting some baseballs in a batting cage. Way too much fun! Note for me - remember Spenser's fantastic hand eye coordination.)


(As seems the case when you are out that late at night, you meet some Korean people. Tonight we met Jade and Jason. They were great guys and actually ended up taking us to another bar to get more drinks.)


(Sadly, this is what happens after more drinks. Calvin is sleeping on the table and Spenser took a little power nap. Justin and I are holding strong in case you couldn't tell by the look on our faces. Also, Chelsea, the only woman in the previous pictures is doing well enough to take a photograph.)


(Guess who is back? After his power nap, Spenser wanted to go to the fortress and watch the sunrise. I couldn't explain my pose but I was ready to go.)


(Spenser and I at the top of the fortress. Fantastic shot. Mind you, it is now pushing 5:30 in the morning.)


(Spenser, myself, and Chelsea waiting for the sunrise. We never got to see because it got too cold but it would have been glorious.)

I wish I had pictures of the final event of the evening. As we were headed home at 6:30 or so we came across a group of exercisers working out around the base of the fortress. I stood in amazement and Spenser hopped right in. Next thing I know, I heard a Korean lady shout, "Come here!" in Korean of course. So we finished the night with a bit of exercise before catching the bus home. Thus concluded a night for the fellowship.

No comments: