12.07.2010

Indian Food, Seoul Forest, Dr. Fish, and the Flu

Woke up Friday for the first time in my life feeling achy after not doing some sort of exercise or physical labor. Additionally, I developed a runny nose, cough, headache, and sore throat. I've never felt achy from a cold before so it was quite the new experience, and not a pleasant one I might add. If I had sick days, I would have taken one. However, I do not get any sick days and didn't want to risk losing a vacation day so I trudged into work.

I was hoping on Saturday I would be feeling better. Katrina and I made plans for her birthday to grab some Indian food at a new restaurant then head into Seoul to visit Seoul Forest (I will call it Seoul Park from here on out, it reminded me of Central Park in a way). After that, we were going to go to a Dr. Fish place, which I will explain later. I woke up feeling worse on Saturday but it was Katrina's birthday so after laying in bed for about 4 hours, I met her at Suwon Station. A co-worker told me about a place around the station to get some cheap Indian food.

We met around 1 pm and set off to find the restaurant. The directions were fantastic so there were no problems finding it. I actually was at the station a few minutes before Katrina so I was able to go and find it before we met. I don't even know what I had to eat and I couldn't really taste it for that matter so it wouldn't have made a difference. The food was a lot cheaper than the other places we have gone so far but I guess it wasn't quite as delicious. However, 6,000 won vs. 25,000 won per person is a big difference. I would like to go back when I can taste.

After lunch, both of us were exhausted so we canceled the Seoul trip, Katrina because she was out until the wee hours of the morning celebrating her 26th year on Earth and me due to illness. Nevertheless, Sunday we made it to Seoul Park, where you can rent bikes, which I would recommend if you go and to Dr. Fish. Dr. Fish is the name of the fish that eat dead skin and not the name of a place. Here are some photos from the adventure.

* Disclaimer - I just got my camera sent from the States so there will be a lot of pictures of Katrina and not so many of myself.



(Seoul Forest - aka Seoul Park)


(The place we rented bikes from. About $15 for two hours for the two of us. Katrina got this pink bike and I got a mountain bike.)


(Sweet Statue inside the Park)


(Deer! Just like in Nara, except they are fenced in and can't bite you, kick you, or butt you! You can buy food to feed them though.)


(Katrina making friends)


(Our bike ride on the Han River. We got a little lost thinking we could swing back around into the park but saw some pretty amazing things (rose garden, rock climbing wall, wind surfers, wind surfing educational centers). I want to go back in the Spring or Summer.)


(Seeing if we could swing back around but it didn't look promising. An Olympic soccer stadium in the back.)


(Katrina and her ups)


(Cool area we were in - saw a huge bird.)


(Sweet flower mural in black and white now)


(So, Dr. Fish. These little fish eat the dead skin off your hands and feet. I must say, it is quite a strange sensation. The only thing I could remotely compare Dr. Fish to is the tingling sensation you get when your feet fall asleep. Regardless, my feet felt fantastic afterward.)


(Sense the strange feeling by the look on Katrina's face. This Dr. Fish was inside a cafe in Gangnam that one of Katrina's co-workers told her about. You had to order a drink then it was only 2,000 won for the Dr. Fish treatment. Plus, with the drink, you got all the free bread you wanted... I won't tell you how much a drink costs.)


(That's me with my feet in and people drinking coffee in the background)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indian Foods is one of the cuisines popular all over the globe.

Ping said...

As usual,we greatly enjoyed reading through your blog and seeing current photos, RLB. (Glad to know that you're still seeing Katrina sometimes, too!!) We tried the "Dr. Fish" treatment in China, both with our feet only in the water, and then with our whole bodies immersed. Too cool! Happy Holidays!! PoliPoli and Plowboy