12.11.2010

Friday Morning Hike

There are some positives associated with working from 2 pm until 10 pm. One, a large part of my morning is free. A co-worker started a Morning Club on Facebook where he plans events and then whoever wants to show up, can. I've been to a soccer and ultimate Frisbee event thus far. Well, this Friday was a hike.

I do not know the name of the mountain but it is less than 30 minutes away by bus. So, I will definitely be back at some point. All I know is that it is close to the Suwon Reservoir. The hike itself was nice since there was snow and the ground and it was relatively easy - about an hour up and an hour down. Here are some pictures from the hike...


(Just wanted to get the older Korean playing croquet with snow at the ground. This was at Manseok Park, the place where we met.


(Matt and Eun Ji trying to figure out what bus to take. I will say the public transportation in Korea has been phenomenal. This was Eun Ji's first Morning Club activity.)


(Had to get off the bus and transfer at the fortress so I figured I'd snap a few photos of the main gate)


(As I'm sure you can tell, there was some leftover snow/ice still on the trail. It wasn't exactly ideal hiking conditions but we made the best. Fortunately, nobody fell although we were all close to falling at one point or another.)


(You had to grab ahold of a rope and pull yourself to the top of the mountain. I wasn't planning on doing it but then I figured I walked that far already, what's another few feet.)


(Sweet view on Suwon in the background)


(Not so sweet view of some other mountains in the background)


(On the way down there was a little workout area so I decided to life some weights. I have never lifted in the snow before and thought this was an ideal time to start!)


(Just a random photo as we were headed down the mountain)

No comments: