7.09.2011

Birthdays (Justin's, Matt's, and America's)

There have been a plethora of birthdays in the office lately: Justin's, Matt's, and America's. Of course, we celebrated all three. Justin's started with dinner which included two special guests - his sister, who was visiting from China, as well as Richie, Spenser's friend from Japan. After dinner we headed to Ju Rok, our Cheers, and had a few drinks. Justin left a little bit early since his sister was here and for a different reason. It was a low key night for myself even though I was up a bit later. All in all, it was a great night and I had a lot of fun. A few of the Korean Teachers even came out and joined us.

Matt in quite the character. From what I understand he has a bet with one of his friend's back in the States that if he doesn't run a beer mile in under a certain time, he will literally wet himself while in the office at work. For those of you who do not know what a beer mile is, it consists of chugging a beer and then running 400 meters, then repeating this process until one has completed a full mile. If the participant upchucks, he or she must run another lap but does not have to drink another beer. Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy working out and I enjoy drinking, I just don't enjoy working out and drinking. I was a vigil spectator during the event and was given the important task of 'time keeper.' There were a few other events in the evening and it was quite late but quite fun.

Finally, this past 4th of July, I was able to celebrate in Korea with a beer, a hot dog, and some fireworks. Matt loves America as you'll see in the pictures. He was able to find some bottle rockets somewhere so we set them off at the park. It was a nice 4th of the July and perhaps, one of the best I'll ever get in Korea.


IMG_3036
(Justin's Birthday Group Shot, minus Ashley and Anna)


IMG_3029
(Justin and his sis)


IMG_3030
(Ashley & Anna)


IMG_3031
(Anna & the Birthday Boy)


IMG_3037
(The Flying Js - Justin & Justin)


IMG_3038
(Justin & Spenser)






IMG_2697
(Good Bless America... and the Beer Mile is under way. Matt of course is the one who looks like he is participating in the 1980 Opening Olympic Ceremony.)


IMG_2699
(One part of the beer mile)


IMG_2708
(The other, except he's not running too fast. In fact, I don't think he's running at all at this point. Nice effort Connor.)


IMG_2721
(Matt had a nice little party set up for everyone.)


IMG_2730
(Event 2: The Tire Toss. Similar to horseshoes only using bike tires from only Matt knows where)


IMG_2737
(Event 3: The Umbrella Javelin. The objective was to throw the umbrella as far as possible.)


IMG_2776
(Spenser as he participates in the can shoot. I think this is the most focused I have ever seen him during his stay in Korea.)


IMG_2805
(Sadly, this quickly broke. Reminds me of a slingshot my dad used to use when I was younger. Instead of tennis balls we used water balloons when I was a child.)

No comments: