8.06.2011

Beomeosa Temple

A few of our friends had journeyed down to Busan before and one of the guys said we should definitely go and see Beomeosa Temple. Fortunately, it was different from other temples I have seen thus far in Korea. While the coloring on a lot of the structures was similar, there were a few older buildings which didn't have the standard paint job. Also, the sheer size of the complex and it grounds amazed me. It was located in a beautiful location and quite easy to find. If you find yourself in Busan, I recommend Yonggungsa first and Beomeosa second. Both were unique but Yonggungsa was a bit better due to its location. Also, luckily, we were able to hear a few of the monks as they led chants. It was the second time I was able to hear monks chanting but it never ceases to amaze me. I have one more post to do from Busan then it's back to Seoul pictures for awhile.


(I love Katrina's camera for the panoramic pictures. It puts them together quite nice.)


(One of the entrances. Notice the bamboo to the right side of the photo.)


(Bamboo)


(A few of the buildings)


(Katrina at the main entrance)


(Like I said, nice location)


(A view of a temple structure)


(As you are walking in or out of the complex)


(Chanting time)


(This is my kind of roof)


(You could grow a garden up there)


(Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil - and a few of the little guys again)


(Imagine this as the door to your house...)


(Wall shot - pretty old temple)


(Pagoda structure)


(Again, nice location)

Directions: Go to Beomeosa subway station. Walk out of exit 5 and make a U-turn. Make your first left and begin walking up the hill. Take the 90 bus or hike. Or, follow the Korean people that look like they are going hiking.

No comments: