6.02.2012

8 Down 1 To Go - The Kiddos of Spring 2012

Another semester has come to an end...  I have just completed my second year in Korea and have extended, not for another year, but for one final semester.  This way, Katrina and I will finish at the same time before heading off on a whirl wind adventure through South East Asia.  This semester was a bit of a challenge with five different classes every other Monday and Friday.  Tuesdays and Thursdays weren't so bad with only one class, but there was quite a bit to do with preparing for my MWF classes.  Overall, I know, I have it real easy.  I am really looking forward to my last semester and have a great schedule to finish out my time at Avalon.  Here are the photos from this semester, beginning with Little Avalon...


(Chelice and I trying to get the students together for a class photo.  Even with Chelice, it took about 5 minutes to get them ready...)


(One of the better class photos - Tom, in the Red Taekwondo outfit is preparing to make a face)


(Yep, still working on it...)


(The darling of the class and my favorite, Jamie, being photo bombed by Tiger)


(Lilly getting ready at the start of class)


(Ruby, my main man and #1 on Term Test)


(Gavin hanging before the class photo)


(Ruby just loving life, sitting on the desk)


(Toby showing me he finished his work)


(Tom the jokester with a marble up his nose)


(Toby loves peace)


(Tiger chillaxin' before his bus ride home)


 (GA, the second highest level at Avalon)


 (The students got pizza and coke for being the best class, and they sure were, one of my favorite classes of ALL TIME)


(LHB and YK enjoying pizza.  These two were two peas in a pod and loved to chit chat, most of the time in a good way.)

(Shawn, the quiet one)


(Cara, or C-ara as I liked to call her)

(Harry loves peace, too!)

 (Irene also enjoys peace, or perhaps it's a 'V' for victory, since they won best class.)


(Amanda sipping on her coke and enjoying her pizza)


(Notice the enthusiasm from GA to LN, the highest level at Avalon, because it clearly drops)


 (This is Nick explaining why he believes in gay marriage.  The red circles are men and the purple stars are women.)


 (So, if one man marries another man, the final man, in this case, Nick, has his choice of 3 women.  Not the best logic but I do like his creativity.)


(Eunseo, the class star, who lived in Canada for quite some time)


 (Nick taking notes on his opponents rebuttals)


 (Alice presenting her ideas on a different topic.  As you can see behind her, quite a few more women were added during the prior debate...)


 (Anne hanging out, preparing her closing arguments)


(This was my only Tuesday/Thursday JA class with Francisco, Top, Jason, David, Carrie, Amy, and Julia)


(Francisco hard at work)

 (Top ready to go...  he struggled a little bit this semester - capital letters, spelling, the usual)


 (Jason)


(Julia and Amy)


(MWF JA class with Jennifer, LG, Risa, Emily, Billy, Eric, and Liz in the front and Ryan, David, Loy, John, and Louie in the back.  The Rocket Richard and Secret were missing.  This class also got pizza and coke - woopty woot.)

(Emily thinking about something)


 (Loy and Billy working together)


 (Jennifer finding the answers in her newspaper)


 (Risa also doing her work - she was a great student)


(Liz looks like she is deep in thought.  It never ceases to amaze me what these children do day after day in regards to their education...)

1 comment:

Mary said...

My husband and I were stationed in Korea many years ago. Nice to see good changes. Nice to see many things are the same.