9.11.2012

1st Stop - Kuala Lumpur, Mayaysia

As far as cities go, it's like any other; however, it was unlike any city I've ever been to.  With a heavy Muslim influence, there were many sights and sounds I never experienced in my life.  At one point, I think I made the remark to Katrina, "I've only ever seen this stuff in the movies..."  The highlight of KL, at least for me, had to be either the Batu Caves or the food.  Here are a few of the photos from our first day with more to follow:



 (Masjid Jamek in the background)


(We arrived at 12:30 but had to wait until 2:30, once pray time was finished, to enter the mosque.  Katrina also had to wear this lovely robe to be respectful.  I was alright in pants and a t-shit.)

 
 (Just a fun picture from the central market)


 (Hindu Temple - can't say that I've ever seen one of those before.  If you can try to zoom in on the picture...)


(Chinese Temple)

 
(A few statues/figurines inside the temple)

 
 (See if you can find me.  I do <3 a="a" about="about" and="and" big="big" bodily="bodily" culture="culture" did="did" fan="fan" friendly.="friendly." great="great" i="i" injury.="injury." it="it" itself="itself" journey="journey" kl="kl" love="love" malaysia.="malaysia." nbsp="nbsp" never="never" of="of" or="or" our="our" p="p" people.="people." people="people" place="place" start="start" super="super" t="t" the="the" theft="theft" to="to" was="was" wasn="wasn" were="were" while="while" worried="worried">


 (Petronas Towers - only seen photos of this guy before)


 (The park around the towers was quite nice with water fountains in the front and back)


(The Towers at night)

 
(Myself with the water fountains)

 
 (City Tower - I think it would have been fun to go up but we did not)


(A sample of the food - I think this cost around $2)

 
(Katrina with the Malaysian flag in the background)

 
(A market from Little India)

 
(While in Little India, do what the Indians do.  We did!  And the food was delicious!!  This was a bit pricier at a whopping $3.)

 
(Colonial influence within the city and the country.  It was a bit strange seeing such distinct buildings in the heart of a South East Asian country.)

No comments: