7.31.2013

Lady MacDonald Hike

I finally made it outside of the city outskirts and went on my first hike since arriving in Calgary, thanks to a good friend and a guy I played hockey with in the States over 10 years ago.  It was a beautiful hike and hard.  I think it took about 4 or 5 hours, round trip.  And, I was sore for about 3 days after, possibly 4.  Alas, here are the photos from the day.


 (There she be, ready to be hiked)


(It is difficult to tell, but this canyon was wiped out by the Great Calgary flood of 2013)


 (Making our way to the trail head, Lady MacDonald in the background)


 (The fellas stopped to check something out, possibly get a drink)


 (Saw a grouse on our way to the top)


 (Brooks in the lead - played with him in Youngstown, and Andy, whom I just met, hiking in Canadian fashion with a hockey stick)


 (View as we neared the top)


(I stopped at the 'tea house.'  I had had enough hiking and didn't feel like climbing up a lot of scree.)


(The fellas continued on.  Click on the picture and see if you can find them...)


(For some reason, I love this shot - jumping over the mountain)


(Again, if you click and look for them at the top, you might be able to see them...)


(Brooks, Andy, and Myself)


(A little video from the tea house...)

No comments: