8.01.2013

Tsuu T'ina Pow Wow

I made my way out to Red Wood Meadows for a Tsuu T'ina Pow Wow and let me tell you, it was an amazing experience.  I went with Bob and the family and had a blast.  I could have stayed for hours, but enjoyed my time there.  The garb was amazing and there were even tee-pees.  I definitely want to go back to one again and would love to go with a native to understand the culture even more.  If you get the chance, find your way to a pow wow at some point in your life.  Hope you enjoy...

 (Dancing)


(I loved this outfit)


(This head dress was awesome)


 (Again, another amazing outfit)


(The Tsuu T'ina Nation)


(I was enthralled with the outfits)


 (I liked this group as they were moving around the circle)


 (A black and white shot)


 (There were a lot of people, I was surprised)


 (These guys were getting ready to join the circle and dance)


 (This guy and his outfit took the best photos)


(I took quite a few of him, I think there was a competition going on)


(I'm not sure if it was for the outfits or the dance moves)


 (It was fun to see all the people get involved and dance without a care in the world)


 (This girl was awesome)


 (The costumes from the back - they must have taken a lot of time)


(A few of the tee pees outside)


(In addition to the tee pees there were tons of tents set up.  There were easily over 2,000 people there.)



No comments: