8.22.2013

Sheep River Provincial Park and 'Forget Me Not' Pond

Made my way with Bob and the family over to the Sheep River and 'Forget Me Not' Pond.  It was just an afternoon/evening trip.  We get out of the car, and the daughter points at the mountain in the first picture and says, "I want to climb that!"  Well, it didn't take me but a moment and I was in.  Within five minutes we were off.  Shortly after, she said she was only joking, but still came along for the hike.  After we got back from our short hike, we went on another walk and then made some dinner close to 'Forget Me Not' pond.  Here are a few of the photos from our adventure.  


(We didn't have a trail book and just headed towards the mountain)


 (Had to cross the river to get to the other side)


(She <3 ny="" p="">


 (A view as we made our way up to the top)


(A view of the other side of the mountain and valley - notice the flood damage)


(Me hammin' it up)


 (She got a bit tired and rested and I continued up the mountain and this was the view)


(The mountain in the first picture, is actually one behind this one.  Which would have been another 2 or 3 hour hike so I got to here and made my way back down.)


(The trail as I was making my way down)


 (Yep, I was there and here's a photo to prove it -as you can tell, I'm not one for heights...)


(That's a picnic table, again, remnants of the flood) 


 (Just a fun photo)


 (Our second adventure)


(We were trying to get to a pond so Bob could do some fishing.  Unfortunately, the bridge was out because of the flood.)


(For being an hour or so outside of Calgary, it was a sweet little spot)


(The little guy having fun by the river with his bear whistle)


 (A downed tree)


 (Bob doing a bit of fishing - no one was around)


 (Rock Stack)


('Forget Me Not' Pond)


(Me and the pond)


(Time for dinner)


 (Oh yeah - hot dogs.  I think I ended up eating 3 which didn't feel so great later.)


(Family Time around the picnic table)


(The little guy was the hot dog roller)


(Not sure what we were talking about in this photo, but it must've been good)


 (A little bit of wildlife as we left)


(Just hanging out by the side of the road)

No comments: