8.07.2013

Personal Update

I left the facebook community this past weekend and I guess now feel some sort of obligation to start including personal updates.  I would like to think, when I look back on my blog in 30 years, these too, may be just as valuable as the photos.  Then again, maybe not.  I guess time will tell.

I feel at peace.  It's been a while, well since last November.  I was speaking with a friend and he gave me some great advice in regards to my past relationship.  He said take a mental picture of the good times, hang it on a wall, say your goodbyes, turn around, walk away, and close the door.  That little exercise has made such a huge difference in my life.  I no longer feel sick in the stomach and can look back and appreciate the relationship for what it was - the good and the bad.  It taught me a lot about myself and a ton about what I'm looking for in a future partner.  It's nice to finally have a smile on my face and to be able to let it go.  It took a few months, but I guess that's better than holding on to it forever.

With that being said, I'm giving the whole internet dating a go. Had a date last night, one lined up for today, and one, possibly two next week.  We'll just have to see how it all pans out.  I will say this, there seems to be a lack of excitement.  People just don't seem to be excited about life.  I'm not sure what that's all about, but if you know any single woman aged 25-35 who love life and want to travel the world, let me know.

Things in Calgary are going well.  There's lots to do and I especially enjoy the hikes.  There's a big camping trip coming up this weekend so I'm looking forward to that.  A chance to get back nature is something I enjoy.  There are a few pictures from a quick little hike I went on I'll try to share before taking off for the weekend.  So, that's the update for the time being.  Living life and living my dreams.  I'm hoping 80 year old me will be proud.

No comments: