8.24.2013

Blue Rock Campground

A few weekends ago, we went on a little 'camping' excursion.  It was unlike any other 'camping' trip I've ever been on, but I still had a lot of fun.  I think it took about 4 hours to pack the trailer and get it road ready.  I'm used to just throwing a tent in the back of a car, grabbing some food, and hitting the road.  I will say, the meals were of a much better quality than what I'm used to - we had steak one night and pork chops another.  Ended up going to Blue Rock Campground.  The spaces were big enough where you didn't feel like your neighbors were on top of you and it was a beautiful area - lots of little hikes around as well as the Sheep River Falls.  Anyway, here are a few of the pictures from the weekend.  


(This little spot was literally a 3 minute walk from our campsite)


(I had a little fun with the camera on these pictures and let the shutter open for a bit)


(Same falls)


(This was a little further down stream)


(Here's a colored photo, again with the shutter open a little longer)


(Yeah, there are lots of water pictures in this one - first time I used this feature)


(I really liked the colors in this photo)


(This was down just a bit further)


(The girls and I got up early on Saturday and went for a hike along Junction Creek)


(A nice little view of the trail)


(A little 'pool' area)


(I just loved the way the trees looked in the light)


(A little moss on the trees)


(Another mossy shot)


(Another trail shot, it was a great hike.  We were actually on the wrong side of the river for about half the hike...)


(We found a rock and planted ourselves there for lunch.  This was our view.)


(And behind)


(It's easy to see a bit of the flood damage with the trees jammed up behind me)


(The ladies did a great job on a hike, but the mosquitoes were terrible, absolutely terrible)


(Breakfast - bacon, eggs, and some taters)


(Mikey helping set up the tarp)


(She was trying to shoot a squirrel or crow or something, having fun with the slingshot)


(I did a bit of cooking in the morning.  Socks and sandals are not comfortable.  I wish I had my 'Japanese' socks with the space between the toes.)


(Bob enjoying breakfast)


(Mikey drinking her coffee)


(A stone statue in the shape of the Olympic guy)


(Got up early on Sunday and went on my own hike, a chance to get a little peace and quiet and solo time)


(So, the river snaking its way through the valley was the one we followed the day before)


(Taking a little break at the top of the mountain.  It was a pretty steep hike without much of a trail, at least one I could find.)


(Yep, me taking a selfie)


(The requisite jump shot photo - seems to be one of my new favorite photos to take)


(Water source on the way back down - stopped and filled up my bottle)


(Wildlife in the campsite area)


(As you can tell, it was pretty close)

No comments: