11.16.2013

Book Signing and Sushi

This past Thursday Bob had a book signing at the Indigo Spirit on Stephen Avenue in downtown Calgary.  I accompanied him on the trip and gave him a hand setting up.  He said he ended up selling about 20 books - sweet!  I'm still looking for an autograph copy myself.  If you haven't read it, take the time.  The story is an easy read about extraordinary circumstances - the 1986 Swift Current Bus Accident and aftermath.  The book is called:  Sudden Death:  The Incredible Saga of the 1986 Swift Current Broncos.  If you are in to sports or enjoy a heart wrenching story with a happy ending, pick one up.  

Shereen met me at the book signing and we had planned some exploring.  However, due to time constraints we decided to do lunch instead, Japanese style.  We ordered a ramen and sushi to share.  My favorite was the tempura salmon roll - delicious, a bit crunchy, warm, and tasty.  Not sure what else you could ask out of food.  Then we made our way to a Tim Hortons, grabbed a coffee and a tea and worked on a crossword.  After that, I was off to the rink.  For those of you who do not know, Shereen and I have mutually decided to walk our own paths.  Which, leads me to the personal update...

I'm west bound and down - going to stop in Seattle for a bit and spend Thanksgiving with the Friedrick clan.  This will be my 2nd year in a row - starting to become a bit of a tradition.  After that I'll head back home for a month or two and then I'm off again.  Where?  Not quite sure yet.  I'd like to give back so I'm thinking about doing some volunteer work in South America.  There are also quite a few other places in the world you can teach English.  I'm a bit sad but know the time has come for me to move on from Calgary, at least for now.  A Ramblin' Man can't be tied down for too long.  When I figure something out, I'll be sure to let you know.  I am excited...  


 (Bob after we got all set up inside the Indigo Spirit on Stephen Avenue)


(A little closer)


 (You can see the book, Sudden Death, as well as a few of the other programs Bob currently offers)


 (Asked Shereen to take one of myself and Bob)


('Tree Sculptures,' you might remember these from before)


 (Canadian Pacific Train #29)


 (A little closer)


(Shereen was saying this statue was from Norway)


(Time for some sushi from Shikiji)


 (Shereen was checking out the guys next to us because she thought I wasn't taking a picture of her)


 (Ramen)


(Time for a haircut - looking like a gomer...  Shereen wanted to get a shot of me picking up the sushi althought I'm not quite sure why)


(Time for jump shots)


(I told her how week her jumping skills were so she wanted a round 2.  As you can tell, not much difference.)


(And my jump shot)

No comments: