1.29.2014

Weekend in Central Pennsylvania

Just another weekend in Central Pennsylvania.  It started on a Friday night in good ol' Starchie's garage.  His buddy Phil, who I might add will probably not be a legend in Bali some day, came over and we shot pucks at a mean looking bunny rabbit.  The pucks weren't intended for the bunny rabbit, it was merely there so the garage wall didn't get dinged up.  Instead, we were aiming for some PVC piping sitting atop a bag.

The next day, for some reason, I did not find myself on the pond, but rather hanging with my buddy Chevy.  I called to see what he was up to and he told me to come on over and we'd go snowboarding.  Well, we went snowboarding, in his backyard.  They had a ramp and jump set up.  I went off it, once, with the help of all the guys there as they walked me about half way down the ramp before letting me go.  Not sure if I mentioned it or not, this was my first time ever snowboarding.  I had a blast and to be honest, found myself addicted.  Thankfully, Chevy had extra gear including snow pants, gloves, a baklava, boots, and a board.  A good time was had by all.

More time spent on the pond and the 2nd anniversary of my sister's 29th birthday was celebrated at What If in Hershey.  Here are a few photos from the events that transpired.


 (Here's the angry bunny, or rodent, or creature of sorts.  Phil and Starchibald signed the plywood.)


(Tank takes a few shots to see if he still had the magic touch - he didn't)


(After a few beers and a few stories I was honored when the fellas asked me to put my name up there - JC)


 (Start of snowboarding, decked out and ready to go and yes, that's me behind the glasses)


 (Started off with a longer board until I got the feel)


 (After a few runs I was allowed to use Chevy's shorter board - handled much better)


 (Here's a view of the ramp and if you look closely enough you can see the jump)


(Nice little fire we had going to keep warm - those of you who live around here know how could it's been lately...) 


 (We were lucky enough to get snow the one night we were skating)


(JH having a drink)


 (Set up a few lawn chairs and you're good to go)


(My pops came out and skated the one night and here he is, after he took his skates off.  First time in 3 years he said.)


(And the snow kept coming)


 (And coming)


 (And coming)



(There's a puck in the photo, see if you can find it.  A few times as we were playing it got lost.  It took us about 45 minutes to shovel off the pond and everyone was pretty much shot at that point.)


(Photo from my sister's birthday party!  Woot Woot!)

No comments: