1.16.2014

Todd Snider in York

Todd Snider.  He's a folk singer from Portland, Oregon.  I came across his music a few years back when I was introduced to it by my father.  My father was introduced to him by a man named Bill Pearson.  His music is insightful and philosophical, whimsical and funny.  His stories are even better.  So, when I heard he was going to be playing in York I knew I had to go.  Seeing Todd Snider live is something that's always been on my bucket list.  I can now check it out.

I was also able to enjoy the show with my father, another avid Todd Snider fan and needless to say, he didn't disappoint.  A special thanks to my pops for a wonderful evening, for driving, and for the tickets.  It will be a night I'll remember for quite some time.  


(Pops getting in on a jump shot - right in the middle)


(The venue was the Capitol Strand Theatre in York)


(An interesting Tin Man statue across the street)


(My excitement and happiness before the show started)


(Inside the theatre)


(A man named Kevin Gordon opened and from what I recall his music was a bit depressing)


(After Kevin finished his set we moved upstairs)


(Todd rocking out and telling stories)


(PBR Pounders were on special and this one was bought by Mrs. Pearson.  Not surprisingly, we saw her and her son at the show.  Chris used to play a lot of Todd Snider songs.)


(This shots a little closer - it was tough with the lighting)


(For the final set Todd and Kevin played together)


(The show lasted a good 3 hours and was fantastic.  If you get the chance, don't hesitate and go see Todd Snider live!)


(Pops and I at the end of the night - 2 happy fellas)

No comments: