9.29.2014

Hiroko and Otousan Come to America!

Part of my Japanese family finally made it to Pennsylvania - Hiroko and her dad, whom I call Otousan.  Hiroko now resides in Toronto so her dad decided to come over for a visit.  As part of his trip they both decided to come down to Pennsylvania for 2 days and 3 nights.  Let me tell you, it went by really fast!  They arrived around 11:30 pm on a Saturday from New York City and took the train back Tuesday morning.  

It was a great chance to see family and to thank them for taking care of me while I was in Japan.  They are fantastic people and I am lucky to be able to call them family!  The first day we kept it local, making our way to downtown Harrisburg for a quick visit and to see the Capitol building, home for lunch, and then off to Hershey for the afternoon before doing dinner with my dad.  Here are a few of the photos from the first day!


(Otousan always said he wanted a Harley and my mom's husband has one)


(So, he took him for a ride)


(We made our way down to the Capitol building)


(A great chance for a few photo ops)


(There was a tour set to start at 11 but we passed on the tour and just viewed the main entrance)


(The dome is particularly famous in terms of Capitol buildings)


(Another great photo op downtown along the Susquehanna River)


(Then it was Hiroko's turn)


(And Rebecca also got a photo, as did I)


(The bridge to City Island.  I think the thing I love about Hiroko's dad is he is always happy!  I like happy people and he is a happy guy!)


(Chocolate World - You can't come to Hershey and not go to Chocolate World)


(1 pound Reese's Peanut Butter Cup)


(World's Largest Hershey's Bar - 5 pounds)


(Hiroko doing a bit of explaining)


(Hershey Cocoa with the stacks in the background - the street lamps are also shaped like kisses)


(Over to my dad's for dinner and Otousan played the guitar a little)


(My dad played the harmonica)


(Still jammin')


(Dad finishing up his corn on the cob)


(My turn to play Yankee Doodle Dandy)


(Not too impressed...)


(Dad played for a little bit)

No comments: