4.12.2011

Jinhae Cherry Blossoms and Jagged Ridge

I'm not sure how many weekends ago it was, maybe 2 or so, I headed South with Katrina along with some other friends. We were headed to the Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival, which we did on Sunday, as well as the best hike I have been on so far - Jagged Ridge Island. We took a bus over night and got there early enough Saturday to watch the sun rise. From there, we took a ferry to the island, went on our hike and then took the ferry back. We slept in a pension Saturday night, got up early Sunday, went and saw a turtle ship then headed to the cherry blossom festival. We had about 2 hours at the festival before returning back to Seoul. (My apologies for the delay, I have had some serious problems with blogger lately...) Here are some pictures from the trip.



(From of the island from the ferry - notice the jagged ridges, hence the name)


(The group as we prepare to start our hike - Spenser, Katrina, myself, Justin, and Amarisse)


(Placing a stone on a good luck pile)


(Sweet little lunch spot, if I do say so myself)


(The person with their arms raised is me)


(Spenser had to have this Lord of the Ringsesque photo. Looks good Spenser, looks good.)


(Part of the hike, up the side of a little hill)


(Me going up that little hill - in the grey shirt)


(Another action shot of the group)


(The boys posing on one of the peaks)


(Spenser and Katrina eating dinner - 10,000 won for all the meat you could eat, essentially)


(Turtle ship - called such because of the roof)


(Katrina and I at the Cherry Blossom festival)


(Me walking along the river with the hordes of other people)


(Fun pose at the cherry blossom festival - missing Amarisse and Spenser, sadly)


(Some interesting food at the festival - baby chickens, maybe?)

No comments: