6.10.2010

Birthdays, Vacations, and the Fly Guys

Good news and bad news. First, the good news. Today was the owner's birthday so, after singing happy birthday, and the owner's short speech, cake was offered to everyone. I politely declined - not a big desert man myself. I came back from teaching to find pizza, from Dominos, another nice treat since I was planning on getting pizza for dinner anyway. I must say, the $30 Dominios pizza is definitely better than the $5 Pizza School equivalent. However, I can't see paying the extra money for a pizza that is a little better and a little bigger. In difficult times, Pizza School will suffice. So, that was the good news.

The bad news. One of my co-workers is going to Thailand on vacation next week. Yay, I am happy for him! However, I got stuck covering two of his classes. So, no dinner break next week. I will work from 4:10 until 9:20 without a break. I know, I know, woah is me... However, when you are used to it, it is a bit disheartening. To add salt to the wound, I will not even be paid extra for the classes I will be teaching due to the fact that I will not exceed the hours in my contract for the month! I guess when you only teach for three and a half hours a night, there has to be some give and take at some point. Katrina and I are headed to the beach this weekend and I believe Matt and Dani are making plans to join us. I think it is about a two hour train ride then a short bus ride afterwards.

Congrats to the Hawks. Watching the replay, it looked like a fluke goal, the shot taken about three feet from the goal line. Oh well, way to go Flyers, made it farther than anyone thought you would have made it.

1 comment:

Plowboyzzt said...

Hey, RLB and Katrina,
Plowboy just read through all of your blog up-dates, and enlarged all of your GREAT photos so that we could study them better. Thanks for a wonderful report on how life in Korea goes with you two! This just makes us all the more excited for our time in China! Very interesting stories....Thanks for sharing, Love, PoliPoli and Plowboy