5.04.2011

Suwon Blue Wings Soccer Game

Now I can cross one more item off my list - going to a soccer game in Korea. I've never been to a professional soccer game and in fact, I'm not a big fan of the sport itself. However, I know millions of people across the world enjoy the game and, if it was anything like a Penn State College Football game, the atmosphere enough would keep me content. While there was constant cheering and chanting, it lacked the sheer numbers of a Nittany Lion pigskin match. Nevertheless, it was a rather enjoyable experience and I think I'll try to make it to another game sometime soon. There was also another perk - we all carried an open can of beer into the stadium. Furthermore, it was 2 bucks a beer during the game - not too bad. Suwon ended up losing 2-1 but it was fun to watch.


(Is that Che? Yes it is. Why? I don't know. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the colors on Cuba's flag is the same as those the Blue Wings use.)


(Katrina and I at the game. I used one of Justin's old scarves.)


(Suwon World Cup Stadium)


(We sat in the fan section and tried to cheer as much as possible, missing a few due to the lack of our Korean skills.)


(Spenser, Justin, and myself)


(This is probably 5 minutes before kickoff - notice the empty seats)


(After the game we met up with a TA that used to work at Avalon and got a few pictures with his friends)


(Katrina and I in the cherry blossoms after the game walking to the bus stop)


(Spenser and I)


(and myself and Justin)

No comments: