1.20.2008

The Future

First of all, I just want to say thank you to all of you who offered advice. I have gotten some great words of wisdom over the past few days as well as some wonderful encouragement. I feel a lot better about my situation and I have a new direction. Unless I can find a job within the next month I am planning on heading back to the states around the end of February. So, I am currently in the middle of applying to Teach for America. Additionally, I am looking in to jobs in Harrisburg, something to do with politics. Or, I might work at an ice rink. However, I am also keeping my options open and am planning to apply to some jobs in Korea. I know there are a lot of Asian countries in need of English teachers... either way, I know I will be whereever I am supposed to be.

I had the biggest smile on my face today as I received the best news since arriving in Japan - my best friend got engaged today! Congratulations Michelley, I am so excited for you. The guy is a good guy so I definitely approve. I just could not stop smiling while I was talking to her and felt overwhelmingly happy. I could just see her smile through the phone and could sense how happy she was to be engaged.

Joel and I had a boat/raft race the other day. I do believe that my boat looked better but his raft definitely won all of the races. I am not quite sure what my design flaw was but it just didn't seem to work. The only rules were we could only use chopsticks and tape. I also started fasting two days ago. I saw online some individuals fast for 30 to 40 days - that would be crazy. I am hoping to go about five to seven days. I am hoping it will help me get motivated again, gain some self control, get my life in order, and allow me to make the proper decision in regards to my future. Joel has a new girlfriend - Momo! Other than that, I am just working on my application at the moment. Nothing else is really new but everyday I am feeling better, knowing that things will be getting better, some way or another, in the near future. Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Best of luck, keep smiling, and I love you all and miss you. Take care!

1 comment:

My Life. Pts 1, 2, and Beyond said...

It is good to hear that you are confident with your decision! Love you!!