1.29.2008

Update

Well, I got my passport the other day from the Consulate the other day so I can start proceeding with my flight home. I contacted NOVA Personnel and I am waiting to hear back. I am guessing it will be about a month until I can get my flight home so unless something drastic happens, I will be back in the States by the end of March. One of my private lessons is checking with the one of her friends who is the President of a company. Also, my dad is trying to make some contacts. So, we will see what happens. I am almost finished with my Teach for America application and I have a few other job prospects at home. I have been doing as much sightseeing as possible and I am going on a cruise in Kobe on the 3rd of February. Surely, there will be pictures. Also, I am planning on going to Tokyo on the 10th and 11th of February. Other than that, there is not a whole lot going on. I have some pictures from Biyodoin and Kiyomizu Temple. I will try to post some more pictures tomorrow. There isn't really too much else I hope to do in Japan and am content with my stay, even though it has been challenging.

On a side note, another little story. I was at Starbuck's with Hiroko's parents and got a phone call from Joel. He got back to the station and his bike was missing. I guess he forgot to lock it and it was stolen. I just started laughing when I was on the phone with him and he was laughing too. What else could go worse? Such is life in Japan. Anyway, I got home from the station, all ready to ride my bike home and couldn't find mine either. I was looking all around and thought Joel was playing a practical joke on me. I noticed another ticket on one of the bikes. So, I put two and two together - our bikes were impounded! So, the next day Momo did some research and it cost 2500 yen to get my bike back. So, today, I walked to the impound station in Shin Osaka after my lesson and got my bike back. I figure it will come in handy the next month. Well, that is pretty much the most exciting thing as of late. Other than that, just trying to stay busy day to day. Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm! Love you guys!

No comments: