3.24.2012

Museum and Market, Gyeongju Style

We went to the main museum in Gyeongju and stopped by the market afterwards. Here are a few of the photos from the journey. If you enjoy ancient artifacts and have time, I would definitely recommend stopping by the Gyeongju National Museum. There are three separate buildings, each housing unique and specific artifacts. It took only a few hours and you could go faster or slower depending on your time constraints. However, I would say a must see in Gyeongju.


(This was the Buddhist art museum. I thought there would be paintings for some reason - instead, it focused on statues and architecture.)


(Main Exhibition Hall - lots of artifacts and interesting pieces from the Shilla Dynasty)


(A Buddhist statue, about the size of my hand)


(A little larger, life size statue. I really liked the color. As for the hands, I think there were several sets that could be interchanged depending on the time of year or occasion.)


(Incense holder - smoke comes out the nose - bad a$$!)


(Anybody want a drink? Yep, imagine drinking out of this bad boy. It'd be quite the experience.)


(Nike's got nothing on these bad boys. Can you even imagine walking around in these for a day?)


(Not sure what it was, but I liked it)


(Interesting statues, a few thousand years old. I think that's another reason I liked Gyeongju so much, the history, thousands of years, not hundreds.)


(The king's decorative ornaments, starting with a crown on the left, a waist belt in the middle, and there were some shoes to the right.)


(The main market was interesting, a great place to get sam-bap. Although I did not partake, I heard from Spenser and Chelsea it was great.)


(Yep, squidders, hanging out)


(Shrimp anyone? Great shot Katrina!)


(This lady/bar was hilarious... We ordered gin and tonics, nope, only had one. We ordered Bud, nope, only had 3. Spenser ordered a Jim Collins, nope, didn't even have one. But this lady acted as though that is normal in a bar and just smiled and laughed when she told us. It was a fantastic night of golf...)

No comments: