11.21.2007

Thanksgiving Din Din

Last night, Joel and I made some Thanksgiving dinner since we both have private lessons today. Our good friend Momo came over to join us. Just so you know, we are headed to Momo's place for New Years in Hiroshima. Anyway, we had a very nice dinner. It was quite possibly the most I have eaten since I have been in Japan. For our Thanksgiving we had chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, a fruit cup, some vegetables, and cream puffs for desert.



Sadly, we couldn't find pie or cake anywhere. I was a little bit worried about Joel's potatoes at first because I didn't think he was going to add any butter or milk. He was all ready just to mash them, throw in the garlic and chives and call it good. But, they ended up turning out great. Joel and I ended up laying on the floor afterwards because our stomachs were so full. Needless to say, the one thing that was missing, besides family of course, was a football game.



After dinner we headed to the local convenience store to buy our bus tickets to Hiroshima only to find out that they don't go on sale for another week. So, next week, Momo is going to come over and cook us something to eat and afterwards we'll go and get our tickets.

I got a call from Nova yesterday, I start working on the 29th of November. There was a possibility I would start today but it was delayed due to rent issues. I am still going to try and keep some privates on top of working at Nova to make some extra cash on the side.

Tuesday night, Joel dragged me along to the bar with people from his old branch. We ended up going to a bar. The one thing I don't like about Japanese dining is that the bill is on one tab. So, they split everything no matter what. If you have one drink or ten drinks, you still pay the same amount. I knew it was going to happen and even said something to Joel about it before. It ended up costing me around $24 for five or six drinks, which should have only been $14 or $17. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy but it was still a good time.

Oh, you thought the story was over... So, we are leaving, taking our time saying our goodbyes. It's around 11:30 pm so we head to the train station. Sure enough, we missed the last train. First time that has happened, but it probably won't be the last. We ended up going to a different bar to meet up with everyone again. Stayed up till 5:30 am to catch the first train. Grabbed some McDonalds before going to bed... I have to admit, it was quite possibly some of the best Micky D's I have had. Finally fell asleep around 6:30 am. Oh what a night...

No comments: